Monday 10 December 2012

It's Christmas!


It seems t'is the season to get tagging, and I have been tagged in this Christmas cracker by the loverly and fabulously festive Sonya Cisco.  So without further ado, strap on your Santa hats and hang on to your elf ears...it's about to get very Christmassy all up in this blog!



What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Can I say ALL OF IT?  That is really what I would say (well apart from busy shops and psychotic last minute panic shoppers with a death wish).  If you are absolutely going to force me to choose then I would say decorating the tree.  Or hearing Carols sung by a real choir  (it gives me goosebumps).  Also, I'm sure as Holly gets older I will love seeing her open her presents.  Last year she was 9 days old on Christmas day so we haven't experienced that yet.  I'm already excited to see how she reacts this Christmas!


What is your favourite make-up look for the festive season?

I do love make-up but I tend not to go for really bold make up.  I wear make-up regularly so probably a little bit of a variation on the normal.  I like pin-up make-up, so for Christmas day I'll do some winged eyeliner and red lips (that is as bold as I get).  I might pop on some false lashes.  I don't wear those ridiculous huge ones, the natural look ones are good.  I have short eyelashes so even those make a subtle difference and don't look fake.  When I wear them people always ask what mascara I'm wearing!  I get the ones from e.l.f cosmetics, they are great and only cost £1.50 a pair!  They are the best ones I've ever tried (and I've tried loads)!  Then some red or black nail polish and I'm done!


Real or Fake trees?

I am a lover of real trees.  They look and smell wonderful.  I have had one every year since I've had my own home.  This year we have an artificial tree as Holly is now walking and I'm worried about her choking or being poisoned by the needles.  I would be terrified of Holly pulling  a 6 foot tree down on top of herself.  Maybe next year we can consider a real one again.  We'll see!  Want to see our fake tree?  Here you go!

Not bad for a fake?


Giving or receiving presents?

Giving is the best!  I can't tell you how fun I find it!  I enjoy it so much I start my Christmas shopping in January!!  I like to make a list of who I need to buy for and then I have fun daydreaming about what I could get them.  I can get a bit obsessed!


Do you open your presents in the morning or evening?

I've always done it in the morning.  Although we always open one gift at midnight on Christmas eve.  Just as a treat.


What's your favourite Christmas film?

There are so many to choose from, it is so hard!  Not a fair question! *shakes fist*

A few of my favourites are It's a Wonderful Life, A Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooged and Meet Me in St. Louis.


What is your favourite Christmas food?

Seriously, what's with the unfair questions?  I can't pick just one!  Are you nuts?  My favourites are Turkey, roast potatoes, pickles, cocktail sausages, ginger biscuits, quality street, do Chocolates count as real food?

I hate sprouts and Christmas pudding though. Disgusting!


Well now I'm done lets see who's been naughty or nice and landed themselves on my Christmas tag list...


Leopard Print Mommy

365 Pearls of Wisdom

My Mills Baby










1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining in! I was the same about a tree this year- just too risky! And yes- sprouts and Xmas pud are just wrong!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com