Sunday 11 November 2012

Christmas Organisation Week 7 - My Favourite Christmas films











So this post isn't going to be about organising.  I've got some more of that to share with you next time.  I felt this week we deserve a bit of a break for all our hard work so we are going to be a little self indulgent!

Now I know it is a bit early to start watching them, but I wanted to share with you my favourite Christmas films.  As Holly gets older she seems to be taking a bit more interest in the TV.  Not that I want to encourage too much TV watching of course. Still, it gets me thinking that soon she might be able to enjoy watching films with mummy and daddy.  The idea of snuggling with my family watching Christmas films fills me with excitement and joy!  So I've been thinking about Christmas films a lot lately because of this!  Now, not all the films on this list are maybe going to be appropriate for Holly yet (or for a long time), but these are my favourites and I hope when she is old enough they become Holly's too!




Gremlins


This film isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it has laughs and scares, cute kids and teens with more than a few nasty little monsters thrown in for good measure.  Despite the danger, I still wanted a Mogwai!




Scrooged


Bill Murray is hilarious in this film.  So funny but touching too. This film never fails to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside!  Look out for the fairy with the toaster though! 




Muppet Christmas Carol


Mock me all you want, but this film is probably my favourite adaptation of A Christmas Carol! Yes I know it's the muppets! It is well written and the casting of Michael Caine as Scrooge is great.  Some really brilliant festive songs thrown in too, I challenge you to watch it and not feel festive!




The Snowman


Beautiful, atmospheric and gut wrenchingly poignant.  If I let Holly watch this we might have to skip the ending for a few years!




It's a Wonderful Life


 Truly magical film.  Has me in tears every time. Christmas wouldn't be the same without it.




White Christmas


Amazing, festive and musical! So festive it's like being whacked in the kisser with a Christmas tree!  What else is there to say.




Santa Clause the Movie


Loved this film as a child and even had the accompanying book which I would look at for hours.  Loved how the elves used their beards as paint brushes!



Watership Down


 This film has been shown on TV every Christmas in my living memory.  Look through your TV channels and you are guaranteed to find it somewhere.  I don't think it is truly Christmas if this isn't on.  No matter how creepy/scary and downright sad this film is, I love it still.




Home Alone


I will always have a special place in my heart for this film.  So fun and festive.  Also, I always wanted to live in the McAllister's house. It looked amazing.  In fact, I think I would still like to live there!








There are so many more I could add to this list but it would go on until next Christmas!  So do any of these make your list? Or are there a few I have left out? Would love to know what your favourites are!



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com