Friday 11 May 2012

FROZEN!

Where I live the winters are never really what you could call mild.  In fact it is May now and we still have frost in the mornings!  That said, I've never experienced a winter as cold as the winter of 2010.  In the area where I live I remember the temperatures fell below -16C!!

It was so cold rivers were frozen solid, and we actually braved the cold and icy conditions to go and look at the frozen spectacle.  I can truly say I've never seen anything like it in my life.  It was strangely beautiful.




 This is what the river looked like, it had frozen and the ice had cracked.





This post is for prompt number 11 of the Snap Happy BritMums Photo Challenge



2 comments:

fun as a gran said...

We had the same thing here in Ayr as well, Was amazing to see, once in a lifetime I think. It caused mayhem, and traffic accidents galore as people drove over the bridge slowing to look at it, not to mention the congestion for weeks while people jut stopped there cars to get out and look.

Marilynn said...

Definitely once in a lifetime! Glad to have experienced it, took so many photos at the time, can't wait to show Holly when she is older as I doubt it will happen again!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com